Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Artwork in Paris! - Amelie and I!

Where do I want to go in Paris for our last day?

Museums and Montmartre!
Montmartre! It should be at the hill.
"Amelie", one of my favorite movies was made at this location.
Unfortunately, I forgot a lot of the details in the story since I saw it 5 to 6 years ago.
"Hoodie, just go and find it out yourself!" I heard Amelie's voice.

We took the Metro and RER wherever we go. A hotel man told me to get off at the station, "ABBESSES". We took Metro #12 from our station Notre-Dame des-Champs.
We followed the sign "Sortie" which means Exit. A man got off with us. He walked to left, it showed an elevator sign. I thought he was too lazy to use the stairs.
We walked straight and took stairs. Don't take the stairs at ABBESSES!
I never have taken such looooooong spiral stairs. It was at least 5 rounds of spirals!

Where should we go now? We followed the cloud of people. There was the Church!
I took this picture in a strange way. This is the Merry-Go-Round.
(Picture below)"This music is in the movie, Amelie. They used the same music."

I decided to walk up the right side of the stairs on the church hill. I saw a pantomime guy at the middle terrace. (Picture below)

I felt I was in the movie "Amelie" somehow.

We got in the church. Sisters were singing at the service. It was a really calm and clear sound.
After our rest at the church, we walked using my instinct. We found Musée de Montmartre. It was a really cute house that became a cozy museum. We could see Paris from the museum windows.
I could see Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec's artwork.
I didn't expect his artwork in this cute house.
"CHAT"--- It is one of my art's concept.
There was the guest book on the old wooden table.
I put my black cat in it.


We had a little problem after our lunch.
This is view from our lunch restaurant.
We were lost!
I was repeating, I want to go back to "ABBESSES" where we came from. I didn't know where we were, besides I wasn't feeling well. I was in a really bad mood!
Get un double café!! Hoodie! I heard Amelie's voice again.


We wandered local streets, at least we saw many interesting things unexpectedly.I felt, if I could come back to the station"ABBESSES", I could find the market where Amelie put her fingers into food bucket!
What did I expect at the top of the stairs?
Artwork?Yes, artwork!

Here is Amelie's market! Now I'm Happy!
This dress is by an artist whose store was across the street
from Amelie's market.I came back home and I watched "Amelie" again.
Unconsciously, we walked Amelie's blue arrows on the church hill.
I saw a pantomime guy. But he was in white. A pantomime guy was in black in the movie.
I enjoyed this movie more than my first time. What a great movie!
If I understand French, I could it enjoy more and more. It is my next step and challenge.

Thanks "Amelie", your mischief mind is now into my future ideas.

2 comments:

m said...

you know the address of the church?

Hoodie Crescent said...

Basilique du Sacré
address - Parvis du Sacré Coeur , 75018 Paris
metro - Anvers, Abbesses, Château-Rouge, Lamarck-Caulaincourt
bus - 30, 54, 80, 85, Montmartrobus