Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hoodie's Quilt at International Quilt Market in Houston.

I got a special prize.
It is an honorable mention for the most creative use of the machines
for "Small Wall Quilt Challenge 2009" by Simplicity.
I posted abut it on SEP 30th.
My name was announced at the market. I couldn't believe it!
One of my friend said, "It should be a treasure in your family."
I told my son to do it.
However it is going to Tokyo Gallery Show.
I'm going to make my second quilt for the coming Tokyo Show.
I got more confidence!
Thank you very much! Dear Mimi, Michele and Bridget!

Here is a beautiful Cutie Pie Quilt by Ginnie Isaacson at the Blank Quilting Booth.
She is a California Sales Rep as well.
The quilt was very cute, fun and warm feeling at our booth.
Thank you, Ginnie!

Here are two excellent quilts by Julie Popa / Sunflower Hill Designs.
We met last Spring at the Quilt market. One of our sales rep, Dolores Joshua found Julie.
I went to see her her booth. I loved her work immediately.
Then I asked her to make a quilt from my fabrics.

Are they gorgeous?
She mostly used the "Morning Call" Group.
Morning Call Group is very stable fun group and never get tired of them. We planned to hang the quilts when we got her master pieces.
We couldn't hang them but they were still attractive on the table.
I used this table as my station by my mannequins at the corner. It was a perfect station.
The garden was our theme for the show, Julie's flowers and my flowers were matching nicely.
She made a runner as well. I will show the picture next time. It seems like I forgot to take a picture of it.
Thank you, Julie! They were lovely and I love them.
She is going to make these patterns. I will let you know when they will be available.

My friend, Marinda Stewart got 1st place for "Small Wall Quilt Challenge 2009" by Simplicity.
She always made wonderful quilts using my fabrics when I worked at Michael Miller.
She is the most talented quilter I know.
I always admired her quilts with her talent.
I was honored being in the challenge with her. Congratulations, Marinda!

No comments: